Does the Library have a scanner or scanning service?
Yes, our library copy machines have scan-to-USB capabilties! Scanning is free. (Copying is still .10 per page.)
Scanned documents are saved to your flashdrive as PDF files.
The Circulation desk offers free temporary flash drives to current students.
How to Scan Documents to Your USB Drive on a Sawyer Copy Machine:
1. Insert USB drive into right side of machine.
2. Place document face-down on the upper left corner of the glass. Long side of document = left margin.
3. Press copier touch-screen button: Scan
4. Press copier touch-screen button (lower left of screen): Send File Type / Name
5. Choose single page or multi-page document; choose unique title for saving document to USB.
6. Press Start button to scan document. Continue placing pages on glass as prompted, or press # to save document to USB.
7. WAIT to remove USB until document saving is complete.