Answered By: Sawyer Library Reference
Last Updated: Apr 20, 2017     Views: 34

The journal database that contains the SSCI (short for Social Sciences Citation Index) is called Web of Knowledge. However, you may also want to search in a special journal analysis report released each year called Journal Citation Reports, or JCR.

Screenshot of JCR:

You can change the date of the report using the drop-down window on the opening page.  (We have JCR back to 1997.)  Then select an option to right.  People usually want to look at journals by subject group, which is the default.

The next screen will give you more options.

We have a guide that can help you as you delve into this resource, too. See Journal Citation Reports and the Impact Factor

Stop by the reference desk and talk to us if you have further questions.

Related Topics

    Contact Us

    617.573.8532 (Reference Desk)

    Email your question