Answered By: Sarah Griffis Last Updated: Apr 20, 2017 Views: 111
1) You are not being recognized as a valid Suffolk user. Only current faculty and current completely-registered students are eligible to use our databases. If you are not a current faculty/student, we are sorry but license agreements with database vendors preclude our offering you access. If you ARE a current faculty/student, you will need to be added or updated in the library server to be able to access the databases.
Bring your valid Suffolk ID to the Circulation Desk in the Sawyer Library. We will check your record to make sure that you can be authenticated by the proxy server. Questions? Call Circulation at 617-573-8535. If the issue relates to incomplete registration or an unpaid University bill, you must resolve any issue with the Registrar before you will be able to use our databases.
2) Allow pop-ups and allow session cookies in all browsers. As an example, the University's Help Desk recommends following these steps for Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 browser:
- In the browser, go to Tools->Internet Options
- On the Privacy tab:
- Uncheck “Turn on Pop-up Blocker”
- Click on “Advanced”
- Check “Override automatic cookie handling”
- Check “Always allow session cookies”
- IE7 must be restarted for all settings to take effect, so close browser and reopen.
3) Your workstation may have been hijacked by a "trojan," "spybot," "worm," or other invasive computer program.
Update or install both virus software and anti-spyware software and run them on your workstation. The problem program must be removed for you to be able to access the databases